Matt Loaf - Meat Loaf
Fall Food…Rotate Your Favorite Proteins! So here comes the Fall…and schedules get busier…and we get busier. So try and plan ahead with your food. Lately I have been rotating my 3-5 personalized proteins for the week. Then I add to my menu…my mix of veggies and usually 2 gluten-free grains for the week. If there are some veggies I haven’t had for a while, I try to bring them into the weekly menu…like asparagus had that last night with meatloaf, mashed potatoes with skins. Fats? Glad you asked….potatoes in ghee and avocado oil for the asparagus. Fat reminder Omega 3’s are our best allies…we cannot cook with them so try and get them into your meal plan; FISH, hemp seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, chia seeds, eggs. Oh let me mention leafy greens have a bit of omega 3….not the same as our mighty fish allies…but they are another amazing food to love and eat or learn to love and eat!
- 2 -3 lbs of grass-fed beef or organic turkey ½ white ½ dark meat or all dark ☺ Vegan Version cooked beans/rice or grain
- ¼ chopped small onions or my favorite leeks, sautéed in ghee, olive oil or butter (low to med heat)
- 3-6 heads chopped garlic sautéed….add to onions (switch to low heat or use organic garlic powder)
- 1 cup chopped celery and carrots sauté lightly ….add to onion & garlic mix…other veggies to add…red peppers
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- ½ – 1 tsp of kelp granules
- 1-2 tbs fennel powder & 1-2 tbs cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- Organic ketchup or sliced tomatoes (optional)
Mix all together use hands if possible…place in a glass loaf pan…coat top with organic ketchup (can omit)…bake at 350 for 45-60 min…or when matt Loaf reads 155*…leave out for 10 min before slicing into to it… serve with sautéed greens, mashed sweet potatoes and a big salad…YUM YUM!!